Mobile Device Access Control (MDAC)Missed our webinar on MDM? Watch again here.
PWWN can deliver a Mobile Device Access Control (MDAC) solution that allows you to manage and control user and device access to your Wi-Fi network.
Do you allow your employees to bring their own smartphones, tablets or laptops into the workplace?
Do you control and manage what they can or can’t access over the network, or do employees just share administrative passwords?
Do you really know who and with what device are viewing, sharing, downloading or disrupting information over your network?
As technology companies flood the market with new WiFi enabled devices to help manage our day to day lives, these devices become more efficient the more wide spread they are used. This drives users to bring devices such as smartphones, tablets, notebooks and laptops to work.
PWWN can integrate a simple user & device WiFi management solution that will manage wireless access for guests, employees and their range of mobile devices. The end to end solution will address all your concerns and issues with Mobile Device Access Management (MDAC) and give you complete control over who or what can access the information you choose, on your network.
Manually controlling user and device access/registration places a heavy and costly burden on the IT department. Unknown or unsecured mobile devices not picked up by IT are a security threat to your network and your business. Not only do they carry sensitive data, but have the ability to utilise your network to share information that is not protected by encryption or passwords.
What is Mobile Device Access Control (MDAC) ?
PWWN Wireless Management Solutions
The PWWN wireless access management solution allows you to set rules as per device or user, which remain in place regardless of how many new devices try and access the network. Once the access rules have been specified by the administrator, the entire system and process is automatic, requiring no IT assistance to log new users or devices and what they can or can’t access.
4 Simple Steps
1. Firstly the user will select the appropriate wireless network from the list on their chosen device and connect accordingly.
2. The user is then sent through an access controller where the "rules and rights" of the user and device are processed. If the user and/or device is recognised as having validated access they proceed to the network. If the user is not recognised they are welcomed with a guest login screen.
3. The fully customisable guest login screen requires the guest to provide their details and authenticate the device they are using.
4. Once either user or guest arrives at the network, they will ONLY have access to areas granted by the access controller.
Example Predefined Access Controller Rules
The intuitive user interface greatly simplifies visitor management by streamlining workflow processes, allowing receptionists, employees and other non-IT staff to create temporary accounts for Wi-Fi access.
Guests and employees with mobile devices can also self-register for wireless access. Once registered, the solution delivers account login credentials to users via SMS text message or email. Accounts can be set to expire automatically after a specific number of hours or days. The application securely manages role-based access for thousands of concurrent users to satisfy the needs of large enterprises and multisite networks. The solution also integrates seamlessly with existing multivendor networks and security devices to streamline deployments and meet compliance mandates.
Key functionality of the Wireless Management Solution include:
- Unique username and password per user.
- Integrated RADIUS database for guest and device accounts.
- Role-based access controls.
- Assign different access-level privileges based on user type.
- Print template and SMS integration delivers wireless security keys out-of-band to ensure scalable and encrypted guest access.
- Role-based access controls.
Compliance and Auditing
- Track and report guest account activity as well as employees that are sponsoring each guest.
- Unique skin technology delivers a fully customised, corporate branded user experience
- Enables reception staff and non-technical personnel to manage guest accounts and configure self-provisioning captive portals.
- Scales to thousands of concurrent users with minimal IT involvement.
To find out more, check out the recording of our live webinar that will address all your concerns regarding managing mobile devices in your organisation. Register online here.
If you would like to speak to one of our experts, please give us a call on 01925 751638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org